Decoding male Behavior. Why do you think he unfriended me on Facebook but kept me on Instagram?

Stilllearning138
My boyfriend broke up with me a week ago. 30 minutes after he broke up with me on the phone, he deleted the profile picture that was once a picture of both of us and changed it to a photo of himself and he unfriended me. What's strange is that he kept me as a friend on Instagram and kept our photos there.

We have been talking about working on ourselves and trying to make it work again. Yesterday I got really drunk when I want to drink by myself and I texted him to come get me. When he called me a guy who I was drinking with that I just met picked up the phone and coordinate it with him. My ex was super upset because of the dangerous situation I put myself in and that the guy was trying to take advantage of me.

After work today my ex texting me and lecture me about the night before and made it known that he was very upset at me and it doesn't seem like I'm trying to make things work. 2 hours after that, he deleted the most recent photos of us on Instagram but left older photos and photos that did not look intimate on. This made me very suspicious why he did that. So I asked him to tell me the truth if there is no hope for us so that I won't continue to try if there is someone else. All I wanted was the truth. He just said he deleted the photos when he was upset earlier. But what I don't understand is why didn't he delete all of them them and unfriend me for Instagram or why hasn't he done that in the first place since he did it so quickly on Facebook.

Some additional facts include that he just recently started working at Facebook and they use their profile pics for all communication. He also started adding some random girls and co-workers on Instagram. Do you think that the change on Instagram and Facebook had something to do with that? Maybe to hide that we recently broke up or to make it seem like I'm just a friend on Instagram so he can cover his tracks with new girls?
2
3