I have given up on love and have maybe therefore settled for casuals, insight?

Anonymous
So I was a late bloomer who only slept with committed guys. I never let guys waste my time and remained upset about men not giving me the love and commitment I wanted (or meeting my basic standards for reliability and stability). So I would move on when I knew the relationships wouldn't be healthy or give me what I wanted, the guys were nice just wouldn't commit to me (but someone else I presume).

So for many years, I have not dated or had sex. My ex and I were blurred and I therefore did not sleep with him because I was so in love that I felt too vulnerable to take such a big risk (in the end we both were hurt anyway). Anyway, after taking 2 years to get over him as well as trying to be open to guys... I i finally am open to men. I have moved to another country and I am so tired of men not committing to me (I never had sex before commitment) or the emotional turmoil that I now just prefer casual situations and took some time to realise that maybe I am settling for this since I'll never have a relationship anyway. Can someone give advice on this?
1
0