Guys, My boyfriend and I are legally married but he has not proposed yet... It feels kind of strange. How can I tell him I want him to propose to me soon?

Anonymous
My boyfriend and I have been talking on getting married next year and that we want to spend our lives together. We have been talking about this for almost a year now and it has been very nice :)
Our employer is planning to move us to Europe for a different assignment and in order for us to be considered we had to get legally married two weeks ago.
We are planning to move in together on January and hopefully by March we will be ready to leave. These past few days have been very romantic and nice but he has not proposed yet.
It feels kind of strange because even though he wanted to marry me (legally) and posted a picture on his instagram for everyone to see... still I feel like something is missing. I have always been thinking about the moment he proposes and can't wait to experience that.
He even started saying that we should have our wedding reception on November 2017 but how can we tell our friends and family to "save the date" if he has not proposed? I told him that in order for us to give the date to our families we would need to be engaged for at least 6 months prior in order for them to be able to travel (wedding would be in Mexico) and he said that then we would marry only until 2018 since he does not have the money to buy me a ring and that he was thinking of giving me the ring on a trip or something...
I don't know if he is not ready or thinks I want a very expensive ring (I even told him I did not want an expensive one).
His friends are even wanting to throw him a bachelor party but I told him that how would he do a bachelor party if we are not even engaged? I think the engagement is priority over the bachelor/bachelorette parties and above the wedding reception itself.
What should I do?

2