He knows I'm "the one" for him, but I don't know if he's "the one" for me?

Anonymous
I met this guy at church 2 years ago but we've officially become bf/gf about 3 weeks ago. He's 27 and has had many relationships previous to this. I'm 24, and he's my first boyfriend and I've told him that I want to take things slow, and he's been respecting that. He's the type to always plan ahead, and before we were dating he told me that he knew that I was "the one".

But it feels to me that he only sees one side of the picture - the side that ends well. I've told him that I think it's too early to know that he's the guy I'm going to marry, even if he feels like he knows that I'm the one for him. And that scares me and creates a bit of pressure for me. Maybe the reason we're at different places is because he has experience with being in the wrong relationships before. But I've never done this and I'm just trying to figure things out as I go.

He knows that I'm not where he's at and he's said he's fine with that but I know that he's hoping that my feelings will eventually be the same as where he's at. Obviously it'll be great if they do, but being realistic, what if I don't get to that point? And how long should that even take? If things don't work out I would hope that we could still leave on good terms, which is why I want to take things slow because I know how emotionally invested he is into this, and it scares me to think what would happen if things don't work out. So right now I'm not sure what to do. Is it normal to be in different places? Where do we go from here?
1
1