Why would a guy continue to chase after someone who doesn't want him and treat the person who cares about him and actually want him like crap?

Anonymous
Guy friend chases after a girl he use to talk to and she just plays him and she talks about him basically she uses him for what she needs. He caters to her and her friends and they just be laughing at him. My guy friend tells me he loves me but continues to treat me like I don't matter until I start ignoring him then he has a problem and want to be mad at me for not answering. What do I need to do to show him I actually care about him and to get him to realize that is no good for him when she has a boyfriend who she lives with and trying to have a baby?
1
2