My whole life I thought I had to have a gamer girlfriend, atheist, metalhead, darkness loving, morbid, super nerd into the nerdiest stuff.
I married one. It went horribly. Now I find gamer girls a turn off. Metalhead girls? Eh, not that interesting like I used to think. Morbid and dark? It's a turnoff now. An intelligent nerd? Hmm still pretty attractive honestly lol.
Now I don't know what my type is. I think "type" is bullshit actually.
Most Helpful Girl
The problem is that none of the items you listed has any importance whatsoever to the success of a long-term relationship.
Yr "type" should be a combination of...
* Sexual compatibility (this is INCREDIBLY important)
* Preferred amount of "structure" in life (advance plans vs. spontaneity? Following a pre-charted path vs. branching out? Etc)
* Social preferences:
... going out/homebody?
... if one person is more introverted, or more of a homebody, does the other person have a big enough friend network, and are they ok going out WITHOUT the partner?
... alcohol/drugs? If one partner is clean/sober and the other isn't, does the situation work?
* Financial attitudes...
How do you see money?
Do you live within yr means?
How do you view yr partner's money in a couple situation?
What level of material comfort makes you happy? What is too little? What is too MUCH?
* Is one of you much neater than the other? (Trust me, a relationship between a neat freak and a slob will NEVER EVER EVER work, no matter how committed you think you are)
* with what values will you raise children together?
* How much communication do you need/want? When together? When apart?
How much is too little?
How much is too much?
(believe me, going through a long-distance phase will iron *this* one out fast)
* How involved do you want yr family and yr partner's family to be in yr lives? And in yr children's lives?
* How much do you expect yr partner to stay in physical shape?
How much time would you be OK with yr partner spending on workouts and fitness?
Do you care about eating together, and eating the same food at the same times?
* what is yr daily schedule like? Morning person? Night person? Do you care if yr partner sleeps and wakes at the same time as you do?
There are others, but, these are the most important things that come to mind.
Yr "type" should be based on these things, because the rest is irrelevant bullshit that will probably change anyway (what % of "dark" "gothic" people are still that way at my age, 1 percent? And they're mostly not straight, or not the type to get/stay married, anyway).0
- Show AllShow Less
Most Helpful Guy
I used to like east Asian girls. Find them beautiful because of their genetic race phenotype, and also culturally.
Most east Asian girls I have met are sobby, look down on other races, look down on even Asian men, and in a way wanna be white.
Most I have met are hypocrites, complain about white men having "Yellow fever" even though it seems most of them have "white fever"
Are the most privilaged minority out there, many times even more then whites, but are some of the whiniest race baiting libtards white hating people out there and are doing well off compared to other minorities. (I'm not even white by the way)
Now obviously this isn't all Asians, only the ones I have met personally.
I am not sure why but after having this experience my mind (to some extend without me really noticing) started falling for black women, black culture, I started finding black women so beautiful and personally I always been treated well among black people and I get along with black women.
I don't know what flipped in me, but this was my experience.