Guys, Why do guys who are afraid to commit do serious relationship things with the one they want but still keep their options open?

Anonymous
I'm just wondering what or why do guys do this? I understand that you want the woman to be happy but what makes most women happy is if you have faith and build together. How can a woman make you feel secure so that you don't have to look? How can she make you feel confident enough to move forward when you are not quite ready? Are guys only confident when they have it all together? What is wrong with having a little faith? When you are not happy does it block out how you really feel about her making it hard to open up or feel anything for her when you know it's there from the first time you saw her?
3