I know the guy I'm talking to obviously likes me, but why can't he commit?

rayraytf
We have been talking for 45 days. Our schedules don't work with school and practice so we only hang out at school and then we text and snapchat. We're honest about how we feel about each other and he's not usually one to be really open about that. He told me that he already thought we were at the point of dating but he's never actually officially said that we are dating. I don't want to keep asking him about our relationship cause I don't want to scare him off. We say "I love you" and we do care a lot about each other. He doesn't talk about us with his family but I think that's a guy thing. He kisses me and holds my hand in the hallway, and that means he claims me, but he won't officially say we are dating or just hasn't said it yet. I think it's possible that part of it is because of the holidays and he doesn't want a steady girlfriend during that. Another reason why I think he won't ask me to hangout is because he doesn't have his license so I'd have to drive everywhere and stuff and he doesn't have a ton of money to spend. We are both 16 and Juniors in high school. We are both very mature people.
4
2