Why do people give their numbers or ask to text then do nothing to further the conversation and don't talk much?

bloodmountain1990
I've had this happen a few times and it's strange where I'll talk to a girl and she'll say why don't you text me, add me on Facebook, etc and once we do that, they either give short replies or don't do anything to further the conversation.

Why is that? It's like why are you asking me to text?

Its not that I expect to text all day or anything and I can carry a conversation but eventually if it's just me initiating the conversation and doing all the work, I'll get bored as the conversation will dry up or I just figure they're not interested.

One person doing all the questions and initiating isn't a conversation, that's an interview.
1
2