When dating a person with kids where does parental responsibility land? What is acceptable for either person to expect from each other?

redbay19
The reason I ask this is this is the first serious relationship that I have had with a woman with kids. Now we got into a fight because she was offered a promotion at work that would require nights and weekends to be worked, aside from the pay being complete shit and her wanting to choose this over going back to school that would mean the responsibility for the kids ( neither of which are biologically mine) would rest on my shoulders, it also conflicts with my schedule because sometimes I have to work late and I don't get any notice when I have to, it's like hey there's a truck broken down it's an emergency I need you to go fix it.
When we talked about it she accused me of saying her kids were a burden which I didn't say, I just told her I felt the majority of the responsibility for her kids should rest on her shoulders and I feared with this new job I would turn into a single parent of kids that weren't mine.
Do I have any traction with the way I am feeling or is it wrong and I just need to suck it up and take one for the team?
I also told her I felt like going to school would be the better long term option because I felt like the company was feeding her full of crap about wages and endless advancement opportunities and that school would not only open up opportunities within her current job, but across the board in any job and that the company she is working for now isn't seeing her for what she is worth, and I feel like there is something out there that will be more fulfilling, has less crazy hours and pays more with a boss who sees her worth and us willing to show that to her to keep her around.

Any advice on what to do if she accepts the offer anyways and forces that responsibility on my shoulders?

Any advice appreciated! Thanks!
2
1