I'm experiencing major heartbreak after being rejected by my crush. What can I do?

Harratot33
It was almost one month ago and I still cry myself to sleep. She was someone I would lie in bed for a little longer just to think about. Someone whose conversations I would play over and over in my head, over-analyzing every little detail. Someone who caused me to believe in angels.

She was actually a very good friend, and still is. Yes, our friendship hasn't changed at all since our confession and she was so nice and I know I should be grateful and I am but... I would treat her so well and I feel like I won't get to meet anyone as amazing as her and if I did, they'd just reject me. I'm not the best guy, you see. I'm autistic, naive and sometimes annoying. But I do try - and I tried so hard to be myself and be nice to win her, and it didn't work. Loads of people say that you shouldn't let rejection get you down because the person didn't really know you but in this case she DID know me extremely well; we've been friends for 2 and 1/2 to 3 years. I only started developing these feelings around nine months ago. And yes, nine months could very well be too long for her to be considered just a crush anymore.

If I was funnier I could have had her. If I was more attractive physically I could have had her. If I hadn't annoyed her in Year 10 I could have had her. If I wasn't as naive or lacked so much common knowledge I could have had her. If I didn't go on about things I could have had her.

Nothing anyone says helps. Not the "it's a part of life" or "there are plenty more fish in the sea" or "you're being re-directed to a better path". Um... nope, I don't think so. This was the strongest I've ever felt about someone, and it wasn't just looks, it was mostly her personality and it was just everything. And I wouldn't care if we were celibate for ages or anything because I'd just like being hers.
1
0