Should I always wait for him to mesage me first or should I also initiate contact?

candygirl_9847
Ok so I met a guy in OKCUPID and we hit it off. We left the dating site and now we are constantly communicating, video calls everyday. I said I love you but he wasn't ready to say it back because he said he's still not sure if it's love he already feels. And then he would always ask me about my preference about the future and I thought he was asking it because he refers to our future together and he says he was just asking to know my preference not necessarily because he would spend the future with me, he says we are still both uncertain if it is us who will end up being together in the future. I was really hurt so I decided to back up a little. You know, put my guard up to avoid being hurt again. So I'm planning not to contact him unless he's the one who initiates the conversation. You think he would notice that I became cold? Is it the right thing to do?
5
3