How do I tell him?

untiLiLive
My boyfriend is starting his senior of college soon. Next summer he wants to do an internship that will last about two to three months. Now we see each other every weekend due to living an hour and a half apart. I'm moving to his city after next semester. But I'm concerned about the summer. We have already had some issues with distance that led to us agreeing we have to see each other almost every week. I don't think we can handle 3 months apart. I want to ask him to do an internship that isn't too far away, somewhere close enough that it won't take more than a day to get there, as I would likely take a bus. I'm not asking him to not do an internship as that would be academic suicide but I do want to ask him not to go to the other side of the country. He doesn't have a particular place in mind but I'm not sure if he'll eventually get his heart set on somewhere far away. I don't know how to bring this up without sounding selfish. I know for a fact he can't go three months without seeing me much less three months without sex but I don't think he's taking any of that into consideration. Which is understandable as his world doesn't revolve around our relationship. Still I think this is something to bring up before he starts submitting applications. Any advice?
How do I tell him?
Add Opinion