My (M 17) Girlfriend (F 17) and I are having difficulties finding ways for us to stay together after high school. How can we do it?

Pstrong
First off I would like to say that I am heading off to Marine Corps Boot Camp as soon as I graduate while my girlfriend is heading off to college. We've been exclusive for more than a year. It's been a dream of mine to have a Highschool Sweetheart.

She is definitely not the type to cheat, but she has told me that she feels there is something more out there in college. She asked me if I would feel that way when I am in the Marine Corps and I told her that there will be others out there but despite all the others I'll meet, I think she's worth it. My goal is to convince her that I am worth waiting for, just like how I think she's worth waiting for.

She's not closed to the idea of waiting for me, and she's definitely capable, but how can I make her see in these next months until boot camp that I truly am worth it? Waiting for someone in the military is a huge commitment, I don't blame her for feeling that way about meeting others in college.

I understand that this is a very big decision and possibly even an impossible task. She has told me that she would tell me if she found someone else, which I would be okay with and learn to accept due to the circumstances, but what can I do to even the odds? Thank you in advance for your replies. Feel free to ask further questions.

tl;dr: I'm going to Marine Corps boot camp and my girlfriend is going to college. How can I make her see that I am worth waiting for and even the odds of us staying together in the coming years?

1
1