Did he find out I like him?

ManoBilli
I am temporary working at a workplace and my contract might get over in two months. I have begun to like a colleague of mine. Although I am reserved with everyone there. Yet, I had a soft corner for this colleague of mine. He seemed so mature to me always. I sent him FB friend request but it is still pending and he had not accepted it.

Sometime back upon random chat, he told me he is from a broken family. From heart, I felt so hurt and bad for him. Later I sent him a message on FB saying how strong he was and that life certainly will have a reward for him. i also wrote to him that I too belong to a broken home. And continued to stay strong. However, he did not reply my message.

Sometime back, he mentioned about a new currency coin. I got a one for him, put it in an envelope and placed it on his desk before leaving. He asked why I gave it to him. I said because he was talking about coins the other day. He said he was talking about some other coin. He thanked me and so I left.

Today I initated a conversation with him by saying I was too scared to even put it on his desk. I was scared of not being insulted in return. He said: "Try to avoid it the next time. People see and observe around and so they make scandals." I felt deeply hurt. I feel he did not like my gesture.

Should I stop thinking a future with him? I think he doesn't give me acceptance, knowing the fact that I am working temporary here.
Did he find out I like him?
1
1