What are your thoughts on a 24 year old dating a 17 year old?

Anonymous
So here's this story. I am really good friends with this lady from craft night. She's 51 and I spend a lot of time with her and her family. I get a long with everyone fine.

One of her boys is very cute and very kind. I flirted with him a little bit because I was under the impression he was about 23. He was flirting back and we have been hanging out a bit. The problem is I found out the other day he is actually 17 and not 23. He apparently was under the impression I was 18.

He he doesn't seem to think it's an issue. He says we have similarities in the places we are in our life and he's over the age of consent (which is 16 here) so he feels there's no issues.

I really like like him but I fear that to the rest of the world it would look very very wrong and that gives me some reservations. What are your guys thoughts?
13
3