Should I try to get back together with him?

Anonymous
My ex and I broke up about 6 months ago. It was fairly mutual, but I was still devastated for a while following the breakup because he was such a large part of my life, even before we got together. But then the new school year started and I tried to make an effort to be friendly with him, which he reciprocated. We are now back to being good friends and we text and hang out almost daily. Recently I had a performance that he came to see, and he brought me flowers and hugged me after the show. When we hugged I felt this dull ache in my chest, and I thought about just how much I actually missed him. I had been attracted to a few people since we broke up, but I never actually ended up dating any of them. I think I might have a good chance with him if I ask him to get back together, but I don't really know how to go about doing it. Do I just ask him out on a date? Please help, and let me know if I'm just being lonely and desperate.
+1 y
Over Christmas break we'll both be at a mutual friend's birthday party but should i wait until after then to ask him out?
1
3