Should I back off a little?

Taco615
I've been dating this girl for 6 months. She doesn't want to be exclusive cause she's afraid of commitment she says. I've asked her twice already and I don't know what to call her. She hangs out with me all the time. She meets my friends we go on double dates we have sex all the time. We do what couples do, ibsoend the night at her house too and her family likes me. Her dad always talks to me. But when it comes to people asking us what we are she just says we're friends. The minute I try to walk away she gets sad because she likes me so much she doesn't know what to do. I've told her I love her but she won't say it back and all this is because she was cheated on by her last boyfriend with her sister. It's been over 2 years and she says she's still scared from that. But I just don't get it. The other night we were at a bar and my friend said your girlfriend is pretty cool and then she pulled me aside and asked me if I was telling everybody that we're boyfriend girlfriend. Which I don't get cause she shows pda a lot if front of them.
Should I back off a little?
Add Opinion