I broke it off with a guy but now I'm starting to regret it? Help?

Anonymous
So I was talking to this guy for about a week or so so not too long but I was really really into him we had really good chemistry and great conversation I definitely felt like I knew him for way longer than I actually did, so one day when we were talking he mentioned how he doesn't want a relationship and I was taken aback because from how he was behaving towards me if seemed like he did and I want a relationship like not right now but if things keep going as well as they were for another few weeks or so I would definitely want to make it exclusive and he said that's not what he wanted bit he was willing to go with the flow, that wasn't a satisfying enough answer for me because I didn't want to continue on and start to like him even more than ask to make it official and have him say he doesn't want that and that he told me that from the beginning so pretty much I broke it off and said we don't want the same thing so there's no point in even doing this but the problem is now I can't stop thinking about him and how much I like him and I'm thinking maybe I over reacted? Should I text him and see if we can make things work or is it not even worth it?

also I'm 20 and he's 22 my age is wrong on here
2
2