Is it really not normal to have any left over feeling for a ex or maybe evem still love a ex when you have moved on?

skykid1992
I was told by some girl that it is not normal to still have feeling for a ex even if your in love with them and that you shouldn't ever date anyone agin untill you don't have feeling for your ex girlfriend or boyfriend at all. She said even if you would never date that ex agin and your currently in a happy relationship then you should dump your current bf/gf untill your ex is just another person on the street and anyone who says otherwise is just sad and make excuse for themselfs.

On the other hand a few other people have told me its perfect normal. They tell me they still love their ex and wish them all the best but wouldn't date then agin or they are focus on the current person only or they hold a person in their heart forever. So which one is true? Or is it diffent for everyone?
2
1