Is it right for a man to ask me to pay him back for the cost of my ticket to a comedy club event after I didn't want to go on another date with him?

crystal2
He claims he mentioned ME paying for my ticket ahead of time, but I never heard him bring it up and didn't even know the price of the ticket. He has a slight speech impediment so it is a little difficult to understand him at times. Still, he didn't mention my paying him back until I told him I could not see him on most weeknights due to my schedule. He works in the same company which is very large so I don't see him often. He wanted me to eat lunch with him right away after the first date and I explained to him that I walk with a group of people on my lunch hour and then eat at my desk. I would not want to limit myself to eating lunch with just one person all the time. Also, he mentioned going to several "free" events for subsequent dates and wanted me to pick from a long list of musical concerts at a local university. I am not into that kind of thing and tried to explain that I was overwhelmed by having to go through the list to pick and chose when I didn't know anything about them. But "free events" for dates? I think the guy is just cheap! He is an engineer and earns probably three times what I do.
6
2