Advice Needed Not Sure What To Do, i'm confused about why you would send this to someone too?

Anonymous
I met this guy back in 2014, we live long distance from each other, we kept in touch facebook messages and Skype, we had an argument back in May of this year, he said he didn't think we would work, he is was always hard on himself said he wasn't good enough for me suffered self esteem issues, he didn't message me after may, out of the blue on whatsapp I got a message a message I miss you I replied how can you miss someone you don't even know, but then after thought well it could be him, I got another message on Saturday a different number again and this time it was a picture with a quote saying it's always nice to have someone in your life that makes you smile even when there not around, so again wondering if its him, I replied back who are you, and got no reply, I am wondering should I send one back to that last number, you don't have to be afraid to tell me who you are?

Or do you have any ideas what I could reply with please?
1
1