How can I be more comfortable around my boyfriend?

We have been together for a little under 3 months. I've never had a real relationship like this. I am a very shy and quiet person. At first, I was so quiet when we were together and he would always comment on it, which just made me more nervous. I don't feel necessarily uncomfortable around him, he is the best. I love him, even though we haven't said it but I feel it. I just want to act around him like I do my friends. But sometimes when we're together I just go so quiet because I don't want to say the wrong thing or something embarrassing or something. It takes me a long time to get close to people, it's just my nature you know? Then sometimes I'll act pissy or have some sort of attitude because I don't know how else to act in certain situations. Then later on to myself I'm just like, "why on earth do you act like that? Just be normal". It's very frustrating, I just want to be a good girlfriend and I want to be very comfortable around my boyfriend. Again, it's not his fault, I want to be with him, it's totally me because I am inexperienced and I'm just very shy and quiet. Please offer some help, thank you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well the first step would be to talk to him. It seems like you haven't told him your worries and I understand you are shy and quiet. If you have concerns, you should tell him as your boyfriend can't always guess what you are thinking if you don't tell him. Good relationships need honesty, trust, and communication. I recommend that you follow those 3 and talk to him, and everything will fall into place. :) Good luck.

• Thanks! It's just hard because he is the exact opposite of me in this department. It might be difficult but I will try! Thanks again

• Yeah like he doesn't have a problem telling me stuff, which I love. And he doesn't have problems talking either. He legitimately doesn't understand how I am so shy and can't just talk to people and not be nervous or whatever.

• Well that is good he tells you everything. He will come to understand that you are very shy when you let him know what your nervous about. Don't worry, it will be okay. ^^

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0