Is it racist to post racial preference on OkCupid?

Okay so, I'm a Latina. All my life I've dated only Latino men. Then after my Latino boyfriend of 7 years cheated on me and left me, I dated an Asian guy. Half, but he looked full and was fluent in Chinese. He was half Taiwanese and half White. I swear, he was SUCH an AMAZING lover! The best I ever had actually. The sex was so much different than with the Latinos. This guy was al about MY pleasure and it was just extremely hot, he was really great in bed and he was even thicker down there than my ex was.
After that, I have felt no attraction or desire for Latino men anymore. I'm not nor have I ever been attracted to black men, and white men are just blehhh to me, mostly because they lack similar culture to Latinos.
Latino and Asian culture put a strong emphasis on family and tradition, which I love.
the Asian men I've talked to also generally seem to be educated and have careers already, and have been able to maintain their finances well (I'm not saying wealthy, but they can support themselves and that's a huge turn-on) and they have been independent of their parents as well.
I have found black and Latino men to not be this way generally, at least not the ones in the dating pool, -and white guys is a hit or miss. Culturally, a lot of Latino men are babied and doted upon by the women in their family and they don't seem to want independence very much and do not value education as much either. The Asian men I have known were very ambitious and hard-working, and put more importance on that than being macho.
I'm only judging based on my experiences.
I've noticed though that if an Asian man does want to date interracial you it's almost always with a white woman. I think they may be too intimidated to approach a Latina.
After my experience with my Taiwanese lover, I don't see myself ever being in a relationship with someone who is not Asian. I don't have anything against men of other races, I just prefer Asian men.
How do I put that in my profile without making it sound bad?

1019

Most Helpful Guy

• Who cares what it sounds like? If you don't want to date short men, just let people know. If you don't want to date foreign men, just let them know. You are not obligated to date people to whom you are not attracted and you have virtually no control over what attracts you. I like petite women; I never made a conscious decision to date small women but it is the way that I am. So what?

Most Helpful Girl

• Your preferences are your preferences for a reason. If you're currently attracted to Asian men right now, then put something in there about how you appreciate the drive Asian men have and the attention they give to women. Don't make it sound offensive to other races and it won't be racist. You should still be open to other races though if the right guy comes along. It sounds like you're looking for someone who cares about tradition, family, and you. There's a few guys out of every race looking for the same thing

What Guys Said 18

• I'd say if you look into the history of things, you can see why some ethnic minorities maybe a certain way. I am a black man who served 5 years in the United Stated Air Force. I'm now in college to get a B. S in political science then plan on going into law enforcement and a lot of the white, Asian and latino girls I dated me because they realized I wasn't a stereotype.

Anyways the thing is this, a lot of men will take it personally if you put "ASIAN MEN ONLY!" you will get 100's of messages from guys who are offended. If I was you I'd put what you are looking for, then put like "Also, if you are Asian it is a bonus!" that way it doesn't sound like you are discriminating against others

• No, but lets assume it is for the sake of argument. Even then it would be a wise thing to do because it makes everyone's life a lot easier by filtering out people you don't want to speak to.

So racist or not, certainly do it! It will only help you.

• I don't think it is racist. The end result is the same and you don't waste unsuitable guy's time in replying to you. State what you are looking for. Martian, slim, beard, red eyes, green hair, 7' 6" tall... whatever. You have a right to a preference.

• Who cares? If they don't like it, tell em to blow it out of their ass! You know what you like, so seek, and ye shall find. Good luck.

• It's only racist if a white man has a racial preference.

• Lol sad but true

• @catelyntje yup. Most of your kind are on it these days. You can't do anything without someone labeling you a racist or a bigot or sexist or ok your case a 'victim'. So as I said get off your high horse and realize that there are people with different opinions you may not like and could possibly offend you in your collective bubbles..

• @Toad-1 again I think you need to get of your high horse. Look what you're saying so paranoid like everyone is out there to get you lmao. THIS is a POST about a LATINA who likes Asians but somehow you white guys are the victim like huh? Not everyone is out there to get you stop playing a victim it's getting old.

• No. Lol if you have a preference then you have a preference. People need to get over that. I've never been attracted to Asians but that's just my opinion. I prefer white girls as I am white. However it is not fit racist reasons is just my personal preference.

• Thank you !!

• There is nothing racist or discriminating about your preference for partners. There are people who only like green eyes. Is that offensive to brown/blue eyed people? No. There are people who fuck only midgets. Is that iffensive to people of normal height and build? No. There are guys who fuck other guys. Is that offensive to women? No. Taste is simply an individual thing. It can't be offensive

• Of course not. No one has the right to bully you into who you are attracted to. We should all be free to choose who we like. Except the Irish

• No, that's why it's there as an option.

• No, it's not racist at all.

• Of course it's not people have preferences

• No, the site has it for a reason.

• Nope.

• O ok , I'm 6 ft 2-3 Taiwanese and muscular. I normally go for white female but I think that's because I live in the Midwest. I speak a little Spanish and have been to peru, Puerto rico, nicaraugua and Guatemala. I love south American food. Maybe we can message each other? (like at the very least I can show you my facebook)

• This is so pathetic 😂

• adios scared little keyboard warrior

• Yeah, you are right, who am I to question the great GaG seduction expert? :'D

• I just never understand why Latinas in general disfavor black men. How could you not be attracted to them if never meet enough black men that are career and family oriented. There's Jamaicans and other Caribbean men you know. Are you Mexican to begin with?

• No one cares. Do "you". Why would anyone care? It's about "you". It's "your" profile. Not ours.

• No it is not. Everyone has a preference they have a right to have.

What Girls Said 9

• If you prefer one race than the other it's your thing, i don't think you should ask our opinion, who are we to choose this for you? Do whatever you like, me myself i would understand it because there are some races i would not date either - Easter European Balkan part for example... AND HEY... Italians are the best babe ;)

• I don't think your personal preferences make you rasist. How is it any different than say a man looking for a petite blond? In my opinion you don't have to apologise or explain why you like what you like or feel bad about what you don't! Good luck finding the right guy :)

• A racial preference does not make you racist.

• Okay...🤔

• Put what you want rather than what you dont.

• It is your preference. Go for what turns you on.

• I wsnt an Asian man :(

• I am just laughing 😂

-From Asia girl in Asia country-

• I love Asian men!