Is kids a deal breaker?

would you stay with a guy who is perfect for you except he doesn't want kids or is that a deal breaker

• I love him and would be happy not having kids
    21% (10)
  • I'd leave even though he is amazing because I need kids to feel complete
    56% (27)
  • I never wanted kids so I'm happy he doesn't either
    23% (11)
Guys can not vote on this poll
I'm a Girl

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm having the opposite problem!
    I don't want kids and my boyfriend does and he kind of thinks I'll "get over it" and I'm telling him NAH bitch.
    I want to go to Japan and live there.
    Provide vaccinations in africa.
    Unless he wants kids when I'm 40 thats not fucking happening.

• yeah I've had past girls thinking I'd change my mind and want kids but eventually they figured out I wasn't budging and moved on

• yeah they did but that's all good cause I got my real love now. good luck

• you're welcome

What Girls Said 27

• If he DIDN'T want kids he'd be perfect for me. The absolute demand to have children is a deal breaker. My fiance and I are very solidly at a 3/10 on the want to have kids.

If we end up having kids, you know it'd be extremely planned out 'cause we're pretty much extremely content not having kids. The cool aunt/uncle angle is working really well for us at the moment. His niece and nephew are cute but not cute enough to make us want ones of our own lmao

• me and my wife also love playing aunt and uncle without desire to have any of our own

• I wouldn't stay with someone who didn't want kids. I know I want children so ultimately, one of us is going to be unhappy in the relationship.

• That would be really tough, but I want kids even if they means adoption so unfortunately that would be a deal breaker.

• I don't think id want kids honestly. I only want him and a career that i love. But, maybe one day I would want kids. I don't know how Id feel. Id probably stay because he's all I want but I have never been put in that situation so i can't be sure how id react

• I would not stay with a guy who doesn't want a kid. We both have to want the same things in life to help the relationship last. Something as big as having kids can't be compromised on... one person is always going to be unhappy.

• Absolutely not, i don't want kids for a few reasons. I would have to find a Guy that would respect that and doesn't want kids either.

• just curious what the reasons are

• Well, i have epilepsy and wouldn't want to pass it on and raising kids are a big responsibility and besides having privacy if i find the right Guy would be nice lol.

• If he's not family oriented, he can't be perfect (for me).

• It would be a deal breaker cause i do want children in the future. If he doesn't that find he just has to find someone who doesn't want them either.

• I don't have kids but in the future maybe that'll be something to discuss but the way I see my life going I won't have any

• what's going on?

• Well for 1 I don't really get into relationships... and I never been pregnant.. ever so maybe it's not in gods plans right now.. or something ever BOL

• If only I could meet more men who don't want kids...

• most men want kids?

• Most men I meet which is weird because I always grew up hearing it to be women wanting kids.

• that's what I always thought to but I guess I've never paid attention to what guys want

• for some yes

• it would've been a deal breaker being that I have a 7 year old. Not everyone wants kids though so you'll be ok.

• I never want kids so if he didn't either it'd be perfect.

• If he WANTS kids, that's a deal breaker.

• Total deal breaker especially considering I have 2 kids.

• Kids are fine. But bad grammar is a deal breaker.

• As long as we were doing other things to make up for not having kids (ie going on lots of holidays, doing lots of fun activities together). I wouldn't want work to be the centre of my life.

• deal breaker

• Him wanting kids is a deal breaker because I don't want them

• I guess I'd have to leave because he wouldn't be perfect for me if he didn't eventually want kids

• thats a deal breaker for me. if im gonna be with someone , and hope to marry them , i want to know that were going have a child together some day. but some women are different ^.^ there's plenty of people who dont ever want children :)

• I want kids so yes

• i don't want kids so that's perfect

• I hate children.

• I really want to have kids so it would be a dealbreaker for me.

• I really don't want children, so if he doesn't that'd be perfect.

• It entirely depends on the woman and if she's set on not having children. Some dream of having a big family so it may be a deal breaker for some but again it depends on the relationship