Is this a thing all female friends do to their guy friends (even though they know he likes her)?

Ummm for some reason my female friend gave me a heart and she said it was a "Christmas" present. Then earlier in the week she said she loves me directly to my face; but didn't specify. Usually she does, like to my one friend she said she loves him but as a friend. But with me she didn't specify. She has also been making these jokes about me being single. Normally I'd think just as friends but she knows I like her. Or maybe I am overthinking things?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you are probably over-thinking it, since she does the same thing towards other guy friends. I don't do that to be honest. I never did

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 1

• It's just her trying to be friendly. Though if she knows you like her more than that, then I say that she is being cruel. I don't do that to guys I know likes me. I rather just tell them that I'm not interested in them in that way. And even if I would have been interested in them romantically, I would still shut them down for dating because that is not would I want or need. So I say that you need to just flat out confront her about it, but more respectfully. She may or may not know unless you told her or she shows signs she already knew. But those signs would have lead her to be distant with you more. As in your not close friends.

What Guys Said 1

• Sounds like she is overly flirty with everyone. Girls are more likely to play lovey dovey with you while you are friends and have no actual true romantic feelings. They are just immature and giggly.