Difference between being in love with someone or being in love with the idea of love?

12

What Guys Said 2

• Being in love happens with someone special, and eventually the excitation makes place for satisfying comfort. Being in love with the idea of being in love will leave you not caring about who you're with as long as you feel like you're on love (but you're not, you're just infatuated). And when you realize that things don't spark anymore, you will either be unsatisfied or you will just leave and seek someone else to get you high for awhile.

• tbh I feel like I date someone for the idea and love... I know it's bad but I don't know what to do

What Girls Said 1

• When you are in love with the idea of love, you tend to fall in love with the idealized form of a particular person in your head.
    When you are in love with someone, you love everything about them and you accept even the negative parts of them.