Would it be wrong of me to get with a guy who's 37 and was married?

Okay so, I've never really felt like this way until I met this guy, man I don't know who's a lot older than I am. I just turned 23 and he's 37 going to be 38 this April and i know the age looks bad BUT! I like being around him, and I like talking to him because he's so funny, so sweet, so nice and kind, and he's kind of a kid at heart but also really mature you know and every time I'm around i feel different like, more mature i guess. I just like how he makes me feel. But the thing is, he recently just got divorced in may of last year and has a son and I'm very patient so I don't want to push him or anything it just sucks cause Im young and he's obviously not. I guess my question is, do you think it's wrong that I want to be with him? I haven't told him how I felt yet though so far we've just been hanging out as like friends and oh by the way he doesn't wear his wedding ring anymore if that's any difference

Most Helpful Guy

• Get to know him better before committing yourself with him. He's divorced, which suggests he may have some qualities that you might not like later.

Most Helpful Girl

• You are 23. 23! Only 2 years younger than me! You can actually answer this question on your own. It would be ethically wrong to get with a 37 year old married guy.

What Guys Said 5

• Nothing wrong with the age difference. Men want women your age. He definitely will... I mean... have you SEEN women his age?

• Yes it is. Don't be a home wrecker. Respect boundaries. If he likes you, he will leave her first. But DO NOT be a home wrecker.

• Nevermind. Just read the whole thing. If he's divorced then you're good to go. Go for it girl

• you are good to go.

• Make a move. Things may or may not move slowly once you do, but you don't want him to go date someone else, do you

What Girls Said 13

• I don't think it will be a good thing in the long term, because you just said it yourself, it sucks that he is old... so you are happy with him but the age gap is a little TOO LARGE id say.

At the end of the day who im i or who are we to judge... I am just giving you my opinion that this relationship can't be destined to work, because and only because you are in your 20s and he is almost in his 40s... and when you get 30 he will be 50... and when you will be 30 you will understand and all you wanna do is RUN AWAY FROM THAT WRINKLED MAN... otherwise stay... but be prepared to get lots of viagras 0.-

• Talk to him. He had a marriage for sakes!
    He knows enough of relationships and the sort. Maybe you two could figure something out. Feelings are never wrong or incorrect. Its lovely to feel that way about anyone. Share your thoughts, and see yourself what his are.

• Not wrong at all. I prefer older men. You have to be mature enough to deal on his level though.
    The biggest issues will be the ex wife dynamic, their communication and your interaction with their son.

• There is nothing wrong with it.
    Give it more thought. how you feel, how he feels, where this is going.

• So he is divorced?

• Yes, I don't think he sees his wife or son as much and in a way I care about him a lot because of it

• As long as he is divorced I don't see a problem.

• I see no problem. I am a person that really doesn't care about age, I've went on a date with a 31 year old and I'm still 18.

• if he is divorced, it is not wrong.

• If he's not married anymore, then I think you're OK, personally.

• go to a therapist to deal with your father issues.

• He's divorced... I don't see a problem.

• Age is just a number. Do what feels right!

• Yes, it's wrong because he's married. Plus i don't think he's really that nice if he's cheating on his wife like that...
    If he doesn't love her anymore he should divorce before flirting.

• I don't think it's wrong. age isn't that big of a deal unless you're underage. definitely take it slow and make sure that you like him in that way because he just got out of a long relationship and he has a son