Am I being overly shy, or is he just not that interested?

OK, so I met this guy online and we've gone out three times so far. He asked me out the first two times, and the third happened after I asked him when would we be able to see each other again, to which he asked if it was possible to that same day. That day he drove a half hour to see me for just under two hours, and like the first two times he was very sweet and a gentleman; opened doors, paid, held my hand, etc. Our second date involved drinks tho and ended at his place. I didn't think he'd be interested in the third when no opportunity to get me in bed would arrise, but he went back to being almost shy around me and a complete gentleman to the point I had to go in for the kiss at the end. I would like to say this all points to him liking me, but his communication sucks. He has never called and his texting is sporadic at best. A hint of future plans has been mentioned but none made. I'd like to ask him to a party with me this weekend, but I'm very shy. As his communication isn't very good, it makes me think he's not that interested, even after our third date occured after jumping in bed. Am I wasting my time with him, or am I just being that insecure and shy?

12

What Guys Said 2

• Ask him to the party this weekend. See how he reacts.

• I haven't dated in 10 years, I'm divorced, so im not used to this and his communication (lack thereof) makes me feel unsure. My ex husband texted and called constantly so it was very obvious he was interested, but you're right.

• It sounds like maybe you're both insecure and shy...

What Girls Said 1

• I think he is probably just being shy. Try hitting him up.

• As soon as I made up my mind to do it, and opened up my texts to him, he messaged me. Lol so we have our 4th date :)

• That's cool! Good luck!