Girls, would it be okay for me to ask for a girls number in the library?

I'm in university and don't have a girlfriend and want to start dating, and there are lots of cute girls in the library when I'm up there. Would it be okay to go up to a girl and ask for her number just before my lecture starts or would that be too creepy?

3

What Girls Said 3

• Dream of mine is to meet my future boyfriend in Barnes and noble 😂 I don't think it would be weird at all. The only way it could be creepy is how you ask it. I highly suggest not going up to a girl and being like 'hey can I have your number?' That just seems kind of like a douchbag move to me personally. It makes me feel like he has gone up to all the girls there and asked the same thing and as soon as he gets the digits he just walks up to the next girl.

I would suggest to start with a conversation. Maybe notice a book in the girls hand and ask about it and build a convo from there. Just talk to them for a bit then be like 'oh i have to go to class now but I would like to continue this conversation could I get your number.'

• I was just at the library and this dude was kinda flirting with me/ it was kind of obvious, but anywho. I felt uncomfortable to honest because for a moment I thought he would actually ask for my number. It happened before.
    I would say don't ask for number right away. It puts the girl on the spot.

Start saying hi now and then , let her recognize you or something and then go ahead.

• Yes! I love boys who read.