Did my boyfriend just break up with me?

My boyfriend has been very distant lately. We've been together for about a year. As of today, we haven't spoken for a week. It was my birthday a couple days ago and he didn't even acknowledge it, but he sees all my posts on social media. He's recently started a job and also college on the side, so we'll go a couple days without talking which is no problem at all for me. But when we do talk (texting), I mention how much he means to me and how proud I am of him. I've also been the one initiating the conversations for the past almost month. (Sometimes I get the feeling that I'm smothering him even though we don't speak everyday.) I get that he's busy but it seems that he wants to break things off with me, but doesn't want to. In the last conversation we had I told him how much I missed him and all he responded was, "oh man." I took offense to that then he said, "not dealing with your sh*t." I told him to talk to me once he made up his mind if he still wanted this relationship or not, and that was the end of it. I don't get it because I've been so supportive and giving him the space he needs. I don't complain at all about him not having time because of of work/school and he's thanked me for it in the past - so it confused me, like, what "sh*t" do I give him? I don't even know where I stand in his life anymore and he's not one to give me a straight answer.

21

What Guys Said 1

• It won't change so you have a decision

What Girls Said 2

• Honestly, I think it's over. There could be many reasons for this. Maybe he just lost feelings, or he's dressed from being busy. You deserve someone who gives you more than enough attention. If he cared, you wouldn't have a doubt in your mind. If my boyfriend stopped talking to me for a week I would definitely think something is up

• Sounds like it's over and he just does that have the respect to officially end it. What a dick head.

You deserve to be with someone who makes you feel wanted and appreciated.