Are relationships sometimes better off without the "boyfriend/girlfriend" title?

Last year, me and this guy were officially together or as you say "defined the relationship". We dated for 6 months, but had known each other about year before. We broke up because he claimed the feelings weren't there anymore and I felt the relationship fading as well. We went our separate ways for a couple months and now we've rekindled the friendship. We aren't necessarily tied down to each other, but we're also not seeing other people. I feel like without that "title" we've become closer and our relationship is completely different. The feelings are there and we act like we're in a relationship, but just with more space ( or constantly being around each other, like us do our own thing) and no official title.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes, until you start wondering if they are seeing someone else too. For me it's about trust. If you can't say you're in a committed relationship with me then I have to assume you might be dishonest when you say "he's just a friend". If you can make a commitment then I will trust you.

Most Helpful Girl

• hey there, firstly this is soo soo refreshing and inspiring to read, i compliment you both on an intuitive ideal going with the flow, a different way, as it happens all about the age of aquarius, of which you young ones are the leaders for the rest... would i be sensing this scenario has happened around 20 to 22ish? there is absolutely no need for titles, boxing up etc etc, all of this is society conditioning bullshit that has gone on for generations, none of which is real in any sense, to me, you met had a glitch, hooked up again because there is a connection, moving on doing your thing, i was so happy to get to the part that you are true to eachother only... you dont need anything more... when we lable even a boyfriend let alone a husband or female versions there are expectations put upon us, i for one, do not do this, hate it in fact, if a person gives to me willingly and stays loyal, loving etc purely from their own drive thats as good as it gets, you are way beyond your years and have made me very content this evening, thanks xx i wish you all the best xx

What Guys Said 2

• Less pressure, but that just leaves it open to go whenever for any of you. and if one of you don't agree with it, feelings will be hurt.

• No, I find the lack of titles makes some things less easy.

In your case it's not the lack of title, it's the lack of expectation meaning you expect less from each other and aren't unhappy about what you're getting/giving.

What Girls Said 1

• I think you guys do like each other a lot, and this is normal because maybe you guys are not ready yeat for a serious relationship.
    Maybe he doesn't want that responsibility yet, but is still wanting to be around you because he likes you

I think you guys should just enjoy time with each other and aprecciate each others presence, don't plan things, don't predict your future, just enjoy your life and let Nature guide you guys to the right path, and when you least expect it, you will maybe be back together again...

But until then, HAVE FUN ENJOY YOUR LIFE !!!