I'm a single soldier stationed in Alaska just want to learn how to talk to women. does someone in my situation have a shot?

I'm 22, in the army, I've never been in a relationship, never had sex. I have been trying to change this by going out with my friends but they seem more interested in making fun of my situation. I'm station in Alaska so there's not many places to meet women in the winter other than bars and clubs and its hard to have fun when you go alone. Please help I'm not really looking to hook up just want to learn how to talk to women maybe go on a date.

43

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't think of talking to a woman just with the goal of dating her, that's sexist, disrespectful, and also won't make it any easier for you. We aren't just around for you to date. Now I've said that, try socializing with men and women, whoever is around, so you become comfortable talking to women and it's not overwhelming and you don't have an inferior concept. If you're sociable and take the opportunity to talk to people, you'll put less pressure on what comes from conversing with them, and instead just increase your chances of finding someone who reciprocates attraction and interest, but you can't force either, so don't pursue a conversation just for that purpose, be sociable to create more opportunities for attraction to occur, that's all you can do.

Most Helpful Guy

• GODs!!! Who did you piss off, to get sent to Alaska? In the army, at least you are unlikely to get sent to McMurdo Station, Antarctica!! Count your blessings that there are bars and women where you are!!!
    Don't sweat it, dude!! Keep chatting here, and maybe you might find someone who will wait for you to rotate back to the 'Continental States' and maybe get stationed close to her!!
    I met someone that I like a lot, and I am chatting with her. You are so young!! You have plenty of time!! by the way, there is nothing wrong with being a virgin, but just don't talk about it!! A lot of guys are virgins until their mid twenties, and even later!! Just find the right girl, and don't just have a 'fling' an get some woman pregnant, OK?
    Thank you for serving, doing whatever you are, protecting our nation!!
    You can send me personal messages of you like. . .

What Girls Said 3

• You may not like my answer for whatever reason, but... Cold approaching.

• Do you have friends?

• Lmfao

What Guys Said 2

• Same except I'm not a solider but I live in the last frontier (Alaska)

• Hmm maybe with the polar bears...