Is it wrong that I'm only attracted to older men?

I'm 22 and since I turned 18 have only been with/dated men who were 35+... is that wrong? I want to get married and have kids one day, do you think I'd be able to find an "older" man who's willing to do that with me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Is it wrong? That depends on your motivations and by what standards you declare something to be wrong.

There is much to commend older men but whether that is the right choice for you depends on the basis of the attraction.

Most Helpful Girl

• Same. I wouldn't say I'm solely attracted to older men but definitely have my preference. I can't act on it because of society norms, nor would I want to because I wouldn't feel experienced and mature enough. But loads of women feel this way so no biggie.

What Guys Said 16

• There's nothing wrong with it, no. You like what you like, just as we all do. You're not breaking any laws. As long as you can find decent emotional and intellectual compatibility then you have the same chances of a rewarding relationship as anyone else.

Yes, you would absolutely be able to find an older man who is willing to marry you and have kids with you. There are many examples of that happening in the world with age different couples.

• Twelve years isn't a huge spread, so yes, likely you'll find a suitable mate.
    Women your age like guys that age for a lot of reasons - nothing wrong with that. Just consider that 20 years down the road - which happens in the blink of an eye, trust me on this, you don't want to be some old geezer's nurse maid.

We had my youngest when I was late thirties, so I was mid-fifties when he was in high school.

Consider you have about 8 years to make this happen. After that it gets much much more difficult to find someone compatible - for a lot of reasons.

• I will definitely remember that.

• that's quite a difference, so to me too much diff.

but yes, you'll be able to find one No problem...

• Why wrong? It's just what you like, there's nothing wrong with it, it's just a preference of yours. Nobody is supposed to like people their age, you can prefer younger or older too.

• Wow... that many dudes in my age group getting together with your age group huh? Hmmm. I don't see anything "wrong" with it necessarily... It's just the times I've been grossly mistaken age wise, it was obvious to me that the generational gap was very big. I'm hoping for these guys cases this isn't just a sex deal on their part, because... Well... I'm a guy. If you don't feel like you're being used, then that's all that really matters.

• That's your choice, but there are more risks of genetic disorders with a baby when a man is that age.

• Nah just a sign that you have daddy issues, I'd suggest therapy.

• It's uncommon but every women wants a man not a boy!..
    You never heard pair of women & boy
    You always heard women&men

• If I wasn't with my girl now I would like to be with you... I think the reason you like older men is coz they are more mature and tell you like it is whereas younger or guys your age don't care and are immature and they like say things about you that never even happened but older guys they don't need that they a girl who is outgoing and enjoys being with you no matter they doing!

• whatever makes you happy. you're 18, so you're legal and old enough to decide yourself who you wanna date

• I don't see anything wrong with your preference for older men, it's got nothing to do with anyone, it's your happiness that counts.
    and I think plenty of older men will want you and to have a family with you

• But why do you date guys so old?

• Because I want to

• Then what the reason... Lol? Better in bed? More experienced

• I'm just attracted to more mature features

• I personally don't see a problem with that.
    I look at it like this , age is just a number to some.

• nothing wrong with that

• Do you have issues with your father? That's probably why?

• Nope. I was raised by my father. It was just me and him my whole life.

• it's not that uncomomon, so it just is.

Will you be able to find an older man who wants to have kids with a younger woman? Yeah, definitely. There will be trade offs - often less financial pressure, he might have more experience/stability. On the other hand... well he's older, and by the time your kids are college age, he'll be retired, etc.

What Girls Said 8

• You have this in your mind and you are convinced that you are attracted to older men, and i'm sure you say this because you FIND THEM MATURE, well listen sweetheart, i know 50 year old men who are very IMMATURE and can't even wash their own bum yet without their mom helping.

So if you listen to me, you should stop thinking about this and enjoy your life because you are young :)

Good luck

• No it's not because they're more mature. I'm just attracted to older men.

• Not wrong and I'm sure you can find older guys that want kids (but not too old). many guys just aren't ready for kids when they are younger.

• Me too. No it's not wrong.

• its your choice

• It's not wrong is just what you like.

• Nah, I am too.
    And I'm sure you'll find a guy.

• Nothing wrong with that.

• Maybe it isn't wrong