What does it mean when friends with benefits says I can be myself around him?

We knew each other from before the friends with benefits relationship began, but basically kept out of each other'ss personal lives for the most part. Lately he's been talking about his job and other personal topics we never discussed before, showing concern for my safety, asking about my family and my family life, wants to come over because he "just wanted to see me" (his words) wants a lot more hugs, and two days ago he told me I can just be myself around him. Don't want to just jump the gun and make assumptions, but are these signs he's developing real feelings, or just another friends with benefits phase? I'm confused. Guys please help.

Forgot to mention, some time before Christmas I made a comment that people not following and budget and over-spending for the holidays are being foolish and his response was that that's the type of thing a man looks for in a wife. on't know if that helps.
The other day he also said he realized I'm one of the cool chics, so I don't know.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like the feelings are starting..

Most Helpful Girl

• He probably means that he wants you to feel relaxed and comfortable around him.

What Guys Said 1

• Hard to say, but if YOU are starting to get feelings then maybe it's time to stop this arrangement.

What Girls Said 1

• sounds like you maybe getting past being friends with benifits. keep doing what you doing if he's a catch that is.