Would you date a liberal?

I don't know I really like him but he's a dumb liberal Bernie supporter so I don't know if I should date him or not.

What would you do?

(if you're a liberal then would you date a super conservative guy?)

1315

Most Helpful Guy

• My current girlfriend is a liberal and I am fairly conservative. We try to avoid "discussing" politics and we simply acknowledge that we disagree without disrespecting each other.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't date a Conservative or a Liberal (if he's American).
    Either he's unaffiliated or it's not happening. As a whole, I dislike both ideologies in the US. Both movements repel me for different reasons.

1) If he's a conservative who is SMART and EDUCATED (both are essential) and not ignorant and who's not hateful, I might do it.
    He has to be highly educated, with a critical thinking and analytical mind but also a Big heart.
    He has to be very well read, someone who met different types of people, who is diplomatic, not close minded, not ARBITRARILY judgmental (it's part of the human nature to have a certain degree of judgment to others but to be arbitrary, definitive and stubborn about it means that you are a bigot).
    From what I see here on GaG and on the internet it doesn't seem to be an easy task, but who I'm I to put a definitive judgement without meeting many outside of the internet?

2) If he's a Liberal who's not extremely Liberal and still believes in elements of Tradition I might be OK with it.
    BUT he has to agree with me on the big lines. We have to see family in the same way and not be "so open minded that your brain falls out". Not sure if I can easily find that in the US.
    It just seems that conservatives are hardcore conservatives and Liberals are hardcore liberals , conservatives tend to be close minded and liberals are so open minded that they end up being almost as close minded as conservatives in some topic.

So in short, it's not ideal, my preference is for centrist and EDUCATED men, but I might be Ok with it if he's not extreme, Smart+ Educated and well read but still subscribes to either group.

What Guys Said 14

• Maybe if she was rational but in most cases the answer would be no, as I have met very few liberals I get along with much less share similar views.

I could tolerant a balanced individual a centrist maybe, but in most cases ideally I'd want a conservative woman, same value, morals as me and patriotic.

• If it's rape to have sex with a drunk girl than I don't even want to think about what it is to have sex with a liberal.

• Yeah I would but as long as they are rational within their political views. Not trying to make anyone cry OP. I apologize if I brought you to that point.

• Chico I love you and you rejected me. You said I was not your type and left me. I'd do anything for you Chico.

• Lmfao I know who are now.

• Just because he's a liberal doesn't make him dumb. That is something you will learn over the years.

I suggest you don't try anything with him. You will forever be critical of each other over the differences. Unless you can put your relationship FIRST, then political differences will never be reconciled.

This applies to ANY political (and religious) differences.

• I don't let politics dictate my relationships.

• I could care less about her political views

• nope. sensible, redpilled girls only.

• yea not a big deal for me

• You don't deserve him.

• EY! Behnie Sandahs is the man.

• Sounds like a clueless moron

• Liberals are people too!!!

• I don't think the words "dumb" and "liberal" really go together unless you're talking about tumblr. If they're tumbler kind of liberal, don't date then because they probably identify as a tree.

• Just don't do it. You will have so many different values, morals, and ideas on how to raise a family later. It will lead to so many arguments and hurt feelings.

I think it is easier to date someone of a different religion than someone who has very different political views.

What Girls Said 12

• I am a liberal so yeah, I probably would if we agreed on a bunch of stuff. I'd be okay dating a conservative if we disagreed on financial things but shared the same beliefs elsewhere. If we disagreed on things that are super important to me like marriage equality or abortion then no, I couldn't date them.

• Yeah, I am a liberal who supports Bernie. Doesn't mean I hate the president, either. I would date a Republican, no one has to be exactly like me to be likable. I'm not going to be a bitch if he doesn't agree with all of my thoughts

• If they have common sense and see a situation from all sides and don't complain about things that don't go their way and we have common interests then yea sure I'd date one

• Politics aren't enough to stop me from dating who I like. Neither religion

• I'd prefer to date someone who's views are closer to mine.
    Never say never though.

• I would date a liberal inclined person but not a social justice warrior type.

• Our political differences should not affect our life in such a way

• You should look and the pros and cons with him. just because he supports someone that you dont, doesn't make him a bad guy. He is standing up for what he believes in at least. Just don't talk politics with him if you disagree.

• Why are you catfishing? Lol it's not that hard to google reverse images.

• Don't you think that you might be over reacting? lol A simple that's not me would be appropriate. I don't need to know formal definition of catfish in variations of informal or formal. You don't want people to know who you are.. that's understandable.

• I wouldn't date a conservative guy and recommend you don't date a liberal either. Eventually you'll get annoyed.

• Yeah, I would prefer a liberal.

• I'm a liberal when it comes to most things and I just couldn't date a very conservative person. I personally find it a turn off and we would fight all the time because of our different political positions.

• You can have a lot in common with the guy regardless of his political standing. He might think you're dumb based on who you support, but he still wants to date you. Perhaps do not be so quick to judge.