Who else hates Valentines day?

I won't have had a Valentines for 22 years now. It seems pathetic. It's not that I haven't been with anyone, it's just been that the relationships were either short term or occurred after the holiday.

719

Most Helpful Guy

• For the longest time the only thing I did for Valentines was either be grumpy all day or fake sickness so I could stay in bed and away from the world. Been single all my life and the only Valentines I've ever gotten were forced (well except one... I'm still so happy I got that.).

And then I realized something... It's just a day. Sure it's a day for lovers, but for the rest of us, it's just a day. So what do you do if you're lonely? Love yourself and everyone else instead. Just be nice and don't be grouchy. Trust me it turns the whole day around.

Most Helpful Girl

• Same girl. 26 and counting :/

• Hang in there.:(

• I hear you. Guys in the age group that we are currently in aren't almost the most mature. Try looking outside of the guys you would normally go for. Look for warning signs early on to detect whether this guy is who he says he is. Don't settle and try to have a positive attitude and focus on bettering yourself. It's what I have done. I used to date jerks, players, and guys who just wanted me for sex. But overtime, I changed, worked on myself, changed the type of guys I was into and eventually I started drawing forward better guys. I still have trouble finding a guy that's worth my time. But I am still trying to maintain somewhat positive and hopeful. Thank you for the thoughtful words.

• I've tried dating guys my age and they suck. I've tried dating older guys (much older) and they also suck. I've dated a lot of different people and tried to get to know them. I'm like damaged goods. No decent person wants me but the bad ones can tell I'm broken. So fuck it. I just quit.

What Guys Said 18

• I have no opinion of it really. It can be fun when you're involved and when you're not it's just a day and you don't have to spend money. I honestly don't get bothered by important dates regardless of my circumstances. Same applies to Christmas, birthdays, whatever. I wouldn't care if I was in company, alone, celebrating, watching TV, it's all good with me.

• I understand that. Sometimes I just want to switch places with men because you guys don't rely on emotion and feelings as much as women.

• *I mean to say that the vast majority of stalkers are guys, not the other way around, LOL! That sounded pretty bad.

• I see where you are coming from and that makes sense to me. It's kind of sad to me that guys grow up thinking that they have to repress their own feelings due to the way they were raised to think.

• For me Valentines Day is a little tacky and commercial... I can appreciate the loving gestures and romance, but I feel you don't need a specific day to show the person you love that kind of attention! :) For me it's just another day of the year really... I will partake in the tradition if a partner of mine wishes to do so, but I feel there are many other occasions throughout the year more worthy of recognition! So what if you are single on Valentines Day... being happy is more important! :)

• I never hated Valentines day and I was never bothered by it because I'm aromantic/asexual so Valentines day doesn't affect me in anyway. I just like the candy that goes along with it.

• I try to avoid going into public around Valentine's day. I have bad elementary school memories of Valentine's day.

• ahh that's a bummer. Part of me wants to say fuck it, who needs Valentines Day. The other part of me says that I should turn the negative into a positive and treat myself. Maybe we should all look at the holiday differently and do something for ourselves. Your wonderful and deserving of love and happiness so treat yourself GOSH-Dammit. ha

• screw valentines day lol every year they always have a marathon of that show cheaters on valentines its the best haha

• Valentines day can suck a dick

• Ah well
    Valentines day was everyday when I was 21 with my girlfriend

• I love the clearance chocolate the day after

• I think it's good that romantic people get a day. And even if you don't have love, it's still a day in the life that can be enjoyed.

• Lmao no its just another day. Besides you don't want a guy who only romances you on Valentines Day! You want a guy who does it spontaneous and not forced to do it for some holiday. So even if you were in a relationship don't make a big deal about it!

• Yeah I'm goyto hate it when it. Ones since I have no one either but it's all so commercialized anyway

• My pet died on Valentine's Day last year :(

• I have no hate n'or love towards it. Just an excuse to spend money

• wouldn't miss it if it were gone...

• I hate Valentine's Day too, I spend it alone every year

• Used to get to me, but now I'm just as happy to be free of all the drama.

• I don't like it either

What Girls Said 6

• It's just another day. It'll pass by before you know it.

• I'm in a relationship but valentines day annoys me sometimes cause it's weird how at least once every year you have to show all this love and buy presents and all, it should be everyday that you feel that way or random days not just cause its a known day you do it.

• Nope. I love valentines day.

• I absolutely love Valentines and I've never had a valentine.
    It's honestly what you make it. It's not just for the couples but friends, family. It's a day of celebrating love. You can do that with anyone.

• I don't hate it; I'm just indifferent towards it.

• I hate it bc no one likes me & it low key reminds me of how ugly & alone I am 😇

• Stop the negative self- talk girl. You are deserving of love just like the rest of us.

• thanks but you don't know what I look like

• Yes I do! Dont you remember I used the bridesmaid gif on your question? XD