Do you think long distance dating and relationships are worth it?

Last month I met this girl off POF who's pretty cool and cute, but the problem is she lives an hour away and doesn't have a car. I am also unemployed at the moment. I live in Chicago area and she lives in Indiana towards the border of Michigan.

Despite that I'm still getting some form of income, it still is tiring to drive out there a bunch as it's an hour each way. It'd be one thing if she had a car and we met halfway or took turns on coming out each other's way but she doesn't.

I have no issues with her at all, but I am wondering if I should pursue this since she it is hard for us to see each other.

Have you dated someone long distance? If so, how far and did it work out?

13

Most Helpful Girl

• Considering your circumstances there's no point pursuing a relationship with someone you can't see regularly when it will put pressure on both of you and cause strain in a relationship not even formed yet. Do the smart thing and focus on changing your circumstances rather than looking for a relationship, you have more important issues to deal with.

• Believe me, I've been keeping myself busy plenty on the job search. i've had 5 intervies this week.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just ran away from one. Your forcing yourself to fall for a girl who's away. If she expect me to be faithful and loyal... I need some action and better connection. She say what she want and do what she want behind the computer but in real life I want to witness it.

• I wouldn't say I'm forcing myself to fall for this girl. I'm not entirely sure how I feel yet as it's only one date. But I think the circumstances of her living an hour away and not having a car do make a huge roadblock.

• Not saying you. It was senerio that you gotta force yourself to like her. And she's a hour away. Booooooooy!! I should hit you with a newspaper. I could see a state. But an hour away. Sir. Make it work now!!!

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 2

• Do it if you think it will work out. I think it's wortg it if she likes you and if their is chemistry and a very strong connection.

• ldr rarely work