Why do some people believe it's so easy to find a relationship?

No, it's not easy to find someone you're compatible with AND attracted to. I don't give the "bad boys" chances, no matter how fun they seem, but I'm not going for the first "nice guy" that comes after me just because he's "nice." If we don't click then we don't. If I'm bored I'm not sticking around. And yeah, I care about looks. I take care of myself and I look pretty good. I know looks fade but damn I want something nice to look at while it lasts. I haven't had my first serious relationship yet and I'm not wasting it or my first time being in love just picking someone.

What are your thoughts?

613

Most Helpful Guy

• Those people have a different definition for 'relationship' than you and I. Some people are just 'slummers' and will say they are in a 'relationship' with anything that they can pick up at a bar and fck!!
    They confuse 'fcking' with 'relationship' and think that they are the same. Also, when they have illegitimate kids, being too stupid, or drunk, to use protection, them ignoran' foo's KNOWS they in a relashunship 'cause dey has a kid!
    A BAD RELATIONSHIP!!!

Most Helpful Girl

• For some people it's just easier. They aren't as rigid with their "must haves" and are willing to give people a chance even if on paper they don't seem ideal.

I've had four serious relationships and when they ended I met the next partner quite soon after. They were never rebounds - just people that I clicked with strongly and I didn't question or reason why I should or shouldn't and it just happens.

• That's really good. I don't click with a lot of people.

• Everyone is different 😊 A few of my friends don't either but once someone worms their way in and gets a chance it generally takes off. A lot of people don't want to take the time to worm in though, unless they know someone is worth the effort.

I hope you find someone amazing though, just be open minded about the small things that in the long run aren't going to matter

• I hope so too! It's been rough so I'm pretty wary of people.

What Guys Said 12

• You're wrong, it's very easy finding someone you're compatible with and attracted to. It's simply a numbers game and the more leads you pursue the higher your chances. If you only talk with one guy at a time AND expect him to fulfill the compatible/attractive criteria then you might find it difficult - but that's down to the approach *you've* decided to take.

However i will say while it's easy enough to find a relationship, finding one that doesn't become boring after a year is much harder...

• Oh yeah I don't like talking to multiple people at once.

• You say that you take care of yourself and you look "pretty good" and you want something good to look at even if it's just for a while but are you deserving of that? Telling from the fact that your question description came off as pretty shallow and to some degree egotistical I don't know if you're deserving of 10/10... maybe 7.

But hey what do I know

• I definitely don't think I'm a 10, not at all. But I know I'm not ugly. And I don't think I deserve it but that's what I want. Sorry not sorry. If I'm not attracted to my partner there's no chance of intimacy.

• cause in the end you don't always get what you want not unless you work for it

• Other people have lower standards than you. Maybe yours are unrealistically high, maybe not, but most people don't have high standards: they basically just get in relationships because of looks and opportunity, and this doesn't always mean they'll be unhappy.

• You're being too uptight. My girlfriend said she just thought I was another dumb fuck boy and we ended up clicking. Be open minded and give people more of a chance.

• It can be and it is... but not if you are a superficial person

If you're superficial, better make sure you have what it takes and can offer it in return too... otherwise understand your market value and choose accordingly

• Because they settle.

• I only say it's easy for girls to find casual sex.

• Because it is

• exactly the same as u. except the looks part lol not confident there

• Lol I might be a bitch for this but if I'm not attracted to my boyfriend we're not getting intimate.

• nah that's normal and im the same. people always tell me I look fine. it's just something with myself

• Because people nowadays are in the habit of settling

• Our thoughts are similar

• Sometimes, you need to know what you really want. Any sort of fantasy in a relationship will kill your real life chances

What Girls Said 5

• It's easy for some people and not others. It's very hard for me. At my age, I understand that part of it is your standards and not being one of those people who will go out with almost anyone who is interested. I know a really pretty woman who has a rule that she will give any guy who asks a chance, and I think that's a waste of time--but not everyone does. I wouldn't say I have high standards, but they're definitely different. High intelligence is #1 to me, and once you're done with school it's hard to find that, I find--not that school is the only way to be very intelligent.

Another reason it's hard for me is I'm very different from most people, and if you're different you will have compatibility issues. "Common" people--you know, people who like to go out, drink, watch Netflix, listen to bad modern music and all the other stuff the average person likes to do--have an easier time finding someone because they like all the things everyone else does. I see these types of people get out of one relationship and jump into another, and they genuinely have no idea how to be single because they never have been.

Then, of course, there's stuff like looks, introversion vs extroversion and other people's standards that make it hard.

I definitely could find a relationship, but the right one? That's the problem.

• I think it's reasonable. if there's no chemistry then there's no chemistry. you can't force attraction

• I agree. It's damn near impossible. That's why I've given up on dating. It's just not worth it in my opinion.

• I don't know maybe they really don't know what a real relationship is

• I dont know, I find it really hard too..