Is it odd for someone to become emotionally dependant on a significant other, if they've only met on social media?

What are your thoughts on this? I am very prone to this, and for some odd reason, my heart just keeps urging me to find a sweetheart.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah it makes sense. It's probably because you've developed a friendship or a crush on the person you're talking too.

What Girls Said 1

• It actually makes sense in a way. My friends and I are all really busy but our relationships have grown through real life interactions, so even when we go months without seeing each other, when I read messages I can see their faces and hear their voices. I can even picture their reactions before I hit send.

When you've only messaged someone it almost seems unreal, like there could be a robot at the other end of your messages. It makes sense that you would seek out extra validation, you might be subconsciously doubting the other person's honesty or sincerity because you don't have any real world experience with that person to compare your interactions to.

What Guys Said 1

• Kind of yes