Do guys prefer looks over personality?

why do you men prefer in a girl/girlfriend, the looks or the personality?

• Looks
  • Personality

325

Most Helpful Guy

• I need to like her, and be attracted to her, as a PERSON, before I even consider her, physically! I would prefer a companion, that I want to be with, and maybe occasionally have sex, than someone that is just about sex, and can't hold my interest outside of that.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well personality is the main thing for me but if I am not attracted to the guy physically then I won't try to make it work.

What Guys Said 24

• Look is always just a bonus. Personality is the bond that keeps a relationship together.

• yup the looks come close to the personality it's rare commodity but when she makes you smile& feeds you with her humbleness instead of glamour always a bonus

• Looks catch my attention. Personality is what makes me stay.

• Looks are a reflection of personality. That's why people say not to judge a book by its cover. You can tell a lot about what's in a book by the cover... Author, critic reviews, title, synopsis of plot, picture, etc.

For example: fat girls lack discipline, self esteem enough to not be unhealthy. They're terrible.

• you do know that some plus size girls have health issues, they could have discipline, high self-esteem, and everything, but health issues (especially medications to treat the health problems) cause them to be big. so in turn you can not judge if you don't know someone in the situation.

• no, I'm just sticking up for those who have no control over their weight

• Whatever you say little debbie

• while there does have to be at least some attraction I do choose personality over looks. in fact when I look back at my past relationships the women who put the most drama in my life were also the most attractive ones by society's standards. and the relationships that I had that lasted the longest and we're actually the better girlfriends that I've had were not pretty or ugly but kind of somewhere in the middle just kind of average-looking.

• I choose personality..

• if its for a one night stand or booty call i prefer looks but if its a relationship i have to like her personality a bit more.

• it needs the right combination of both. just having one of them isn't enough

• It's gotta be a good 60/40 in favor of personality. Girls can be hot but if they bitches then shit, she look ugly as fuck.

• Ill bang a really hot chick in a second but if she's annoying ill leave her instantly. Id rather have a cool smart chick around thats cute for a more casual thing.

• Personality always first, the rest is a bonus. Sexy feet tops the lot hehe

• Initial attraction is essential but after that is all personalities. Course one girl I practically feel in love with I originally thought she was unattractive. After getting to know her though, every inch her body was made of blew my mind.

• In a potential girlfriend yes absolutely

• Nvm I read the question wrong and I thought it was reversed lol. Personality is way more important than looks.

• That's like saying, would you rather try to live with air but no water, or water but no air.

• Honestly looks come first, so I'll want to get know about her if I like how she looks.

• yes we do

• the older i get i want something fine... im a 33 year old incel... porn has ruined my mind

• Generally, yes

• Absolutely

• the eyes then what comes out here mouth. how she talks how she thinks.

• I prefer looks. The rest doesn't matter.

• a sh--- personality can ruin even the hottest looking girl

• i used to prefer looks , but after in case of my SO, i was just attracted to her personality , she ain't a beauty queen but just...
    P. S
    while i was writing this i was overwhelmed
    she is beautiful , but her personality is way better than her looks

• Yes, unfortunately we do.

• Looks cuz you can't fuck a girl's personality.

What Girls Said 2

• Looks then personality.. men are visual.. we are visual too but more emotional.

• The number of people who prefer looks is astonishingly high.