Would you rather date someone you just met a couple weeks ago or get to know that someone more before making it official?

When I was younger I met this woman one time and we exchanged numbers and a week later I asked her out and we dsted for 5 years but now I would prefer to get to know the woman and then date her after a month or so.

What do you prefer?

• Date soon after we meet
  • Get to know him/her for about a month or more before making it official
Select a gender to cast your vote:

80

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I like a guy who I met about a month and a half ago and I think he likes me back. I want to ask him on a date, but I also want to take things slow and be his friend. We get along great and have great chemistry, so I'm thinking I might ask him out soon. However, I don't want to make things official in the sense of "boyfriend & girlfriend". I just want to be exclusively dating (which, I know it sounds the same, but it's not). If we go through a trial period (probably at least 2-3 months), then I'll think of making it official if that's what he would want as well.

What Girls Said 7

• Does age bring wisdom and experience? I think its nice when you meet someone and want to see them again but I would get to know them a little bit first. People are often in a rush to make things official and ignore their true feelings and any red flags because they allow themselves to be overwhelmed by the fact that somebody likes them and wants to go on dates with them. Taking a little bit of time in the beginning will show up more the areas of compatibility/incompatibility for you both. It also helps to start the pattern off of where to splits things, where to share, invitations to F&F things, etc. and shows you their areas of concern (e. g. she won't let him pay for every drink on a date).

• I'm not sure if I'm reading your interpretations right...

I'd want to date for awhile before making it official. I'd go on dates as soon as I met them, there would be no need to wait for that?

• well you're supposed to date to get to know each other then become official but no one works like that any more

• Get to know the person for sure. You'll only see the best sides of the person at the beginning of the relationship.

• Take time

• get to know that person

• Get to know him

What Guys Said 0