Friend zoning people?

Guys or girls what do you do when someone likes you but you want to politely let them know your gonna friend zone them?

320

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of women consider it nice to allow a male friend to have hope that he'll date her (when in fact she is completely uninterested). The reality is that it's not nice at all. Giving false hope to a guy causes him to be confused, to waste his time and money, and essentially to waste his life feeling unnecessary frustration. It's a good thing that you want to be clear that you only intend to be friends with him. More women should do this instead of stringing the guy along.

Here's the thing. For a lot of guys, simple hints will not work. Simply ignoring them at times then deciding to talk to them (because you are their friend) won't send the message across to a guy who is persistent. You have to be 100% clear with the guy. Tell them in no uncertain terms, making it clear to them that. First you need to make it clear to them that you care about them and really wish to have them as a friend. Second you have to make it clear to them that you have no feelings for them as a girlfriend and you should encourage them to find a woman who does.

So clear face to face verbal communication is the key. If you care about him as a friend then set him free.

Most Helpful Girl

• See the thing about that is, that a lot of times the person getting friend zoned doesn't make their intent clear. So if they never SAY "hey i like you" or ask you out, how do you reject them? If a guy is being nice and friendly to you, wouldn't you be being presumptuous by being like "Hey I don't like you like that"?

Guys complain about getting pre-rejected by women (aka GUY: Hey do you come here often? GIRL: I have a boyfriend GUY: bitch please you ain't all that, I'm just trying to be nice)... but then expect you to tell him you don't like him when he tries to be your friend?

I'm sorry but I'm not gonna pre-reject someone until they give me something to reject. Ask me out? I'll say no. Ask me to come over at 11pm? I'll say no. But you just acting like my friend? I'm supposed to tell you, no dont do that because I'm not into you? makes no sense

What Guys Said 19

• I mention that were friends several times with them. Like if we meet someone new. I will introduce her as my friend. I have give a girl a birthday card signed your good friend dim. But that was after I asked her out and she friend zoned me. I let her know that I was back to being her friend.
    When a girl tells me that she likes me. I ask for a week to think about how I feel and I will get back to her. After I tell her that Id just like to be friends or that I would like to go out with her to get to know her more.

• I think that you have to make things clear. You don't want to leave room for too much hope because hope can fuel denial of the reality of the situation and it can leave the person hanging on. Unrequited feelings can cause people to lose control of their shit and the longer it goes on the worse it can be. It's better to nip it in the bud early with a compassionate but clear message. Let them know that you don't feel the same way, then create a little bit of space between the two of you for a time.

• Depends on your natural behaviour, i always do something along the lines of;
    'Whats up bestie what you doing?'/ 'Whats up friend?'
    or i'll simply talk to them about how hot someone else is

• I'm usually just nice to the person and make myself seem unavailable or uninterested in some of the things they say. It's probably not the best thing to do but I'm not usually in that situation.

• I have never friend zone a girl I know is into me, I simply tell them that I think they're great but I'm not interested, and i usually get the same from girls, I've never been friend zone, they just tell me not interested or that they have a boyfriend
    I consider it cruel to have someone around just cause you like the attention

• that's the worst thing u can do... jst tell them u r not interested... jst be clear... realizing that u r friendzoned really hurts...

• Don't friend zone them; instead, tell them the truth and push to go away until they don't have that emotion anymore.

• I politely tell them so, but with other words (let's not mention frienzone).

• Do you mean that you're not interested in them at all or that you're going to put them in a pocket for later use when it's more convenient for you?

• It's not me fruendzoning I am the one who's been put in the friend zone I just wanted opinions about how people do it :)

• I'd say unless you're dating or having sex, you're just friends and shouldn't assume more. So everyone is a friend unless things become romantic, so there's no actual action of friend zoning, but rather just not being intimate or sexual.

• i stop talking to them, u actually have to act like a friend to put people in the friendzone and i don't believe guys and girls are really friends more like acquaintances

• I never friendzone anybody, just tell them with honesty that I'm not interested simple as that. No need to lie or friendzone them.

• Don't give him false hope, just be 100% clear and straight up and say you only want him as a friend and you're not interested in being anything else. It's up to him if he wants to stay friends.

• I let them know if things go bad with the guy they're dating and they want to date me, I won't date you

• I would say "this sucks but I'm not interested in you sexually. It's nothing against you. I really enjoy talking with you but if you want to stop talking, I totally understand"

• Be like I appreciate your affection but I don't like you that way I want us to stay as just friends

• I just avoid them.

• dont be that much close friend with a guy , thats all

• nothing keep quite

• LOLOL this literally just happened to me.. met this chick at a party. BOMBSHELL. here i am thinking we hit it off. she was all cuddled up to me all night an shit. gave me her number told me to text her. score right? nope. so i text her aftet a couple days, no reply. naturally im like "oh she must be playing hard to get" so i text her again. "wow no reply eh, thats colld" she gets back "sorry been busy, also.. im seeing somebody" LOL SHUT DOWN.. im like "well thats no surprising" like she's fucking georgous. i just thought it was funny, tbh im not even mad, i resplet that she had to guys to tell me str8 up. so my advice to you is be str8 up and honest with the person. (even if that means telling a little white lie to make them think your interested in somebody else) . you could ask for their opinion on how to get ask another dude out. or tell them their such a great friend, lol. harsh but necessary. u only live once so dont look back wishing u had more guts to say what u truly feel..

What Girls Said 2

• instead of friend zoning just tell them the truth, you're just not interested. I feel like friendzoning gives people false hope sometimes

• i did this last night and said not interested