This guy asked me to dinner but I asked if we could do something else & he didn't respond, my bad or is he being lame?

I've met this guy before for a date and it went super well. We talked for a few hours in a coffee place. he wants to take me out again, and he asked to go out for dinner. I asked if we could do something else (it'll also be like 9pm) but mostly because I'm trying to cut back and lose a few pounds and eating out isn't the best for me right now but I'm down to do anything else. And it has been a few hours and he never responded. Should I have gone and hardly ate anything, or what? I put myself first and I just think there are more things to do other than eating. I also have struggled with eating disorders in my past and eating in front of others, larger meals, just gives me anxiety. I didn't tell him that though.

12

What Guys Said 2

• I kind of agree with you. I rarely go out to eat with a girl before I sleep with her haha. The first few dates are usually coffee, a drink, or some other kind of event or activity. Dinner can be a little awkward when you're just getting to know someone. That being said, all you have to do in this case is LIE.."I already have plans for dinner, but I can meet you for a drink/appetizer instead." Or something along those lines... nice compromise and everyone wins.

• I've had someone respond somewhat similarly before. But I wasn't really sure what else to do that would allow us to talk without being potentially lame (bc I don't know everything she likes or dislikes). even though immediately after suggesting things we could do (during winter) I was blown off.
    If you want to suggest an alternative to just going out to eat, I think that might help.

What Girls Said 1

• Tell him! Say you're sorry you weren't trying to rude or anything. Its just you're trying to get healthy and lose some pounds. Im sure he will understand! :)