Which is better for a first date: Coffee or dinner?

Why?

• Coffee
    78%(28)83%(58)Vote88%(30)
  • Dinner
    22%(8)17%(12)Vote12%(4)

Most Helpful Girl

• Coffee or even tea or even cappuccino is better for the first time. Just to feel things out.
    However, if you both have been talking for awhile and it seems very kosher, then go ahead and make it dinner for two.

• Coffee if it goes well, can lead to a second date.

• Thank you for the Vote of Confidence. xx

Most Helpful Guy

• Coffee is the best. Its a calming comfortable environment. No stress just getting to know each other. Cuz thats what a date is all about. A dinner is just a bit much I think. Cuz it can be long and if the date is horrible you have to make it to the end. Coffee at least you can be done sooner. And dinner is usually a big meal. If things go well with coffee often enough you can continue the date. Go waking and talking more. After dinner you can't reakly do that unless it's light by you now.

What Girls Said 14

• Coffee, because then they're distracted through half of the meal wondering whom is going to pay.

No, I'm JK. The reason coffee is better is because it's less distracting, and easier to get up and walk away from if things aren't going well.

• Coffee, it's cute and not so stiff and awkward

• Coffee, because a first date shouldn't be as big or special as the others, since we're only getting to know each other.

• Either or is nice but I think it depends on what your connection with that person is already like. Coffee is casual and relaxed, not springing straight into a formal 'will you be my girlfriend' dinner. When you go out for coffee and if it turns out well, maybe you could finish it off with saying something like ~
    'This was great hanging out today, maybe I could take you out for dinner sometime?'

• Coffee. Cheap and you can decide if dinner is even worth it.

• Coffee because if it doesn't go well you aren't stuck forever

• Im not big on coffee so I would say lunch at a quiet bistro style cafe.

• I'd rather coffee unless we know each other and are friends

• Definently coffee date first.. maybe it's just me but eating is awkward with someone I'm not familiar or comfortable with

• coffee, less expectations and awkwardness

• Coffee or lunch !!

• Coffee. Les official.

• It doesn't matter as long as you're talking

• Cocaine and a 40, make that shhh simple.

What Guys Said 21

• Coffee or a light lunch.

it's kind amusing how many people think these places ONLY sell coffee lol.

• Coffee or a drink at a bar because it's cheaper.

• Dinner, so that you show that you mean business.

If she comes to the restaurant dressed in a seductive little black dress that shows enough clevage, then you know that you matter to her.

• I think picking something both people want to do. I don't see how eating or drinkings is related to getting to know someone.

• i'll be different and say Dinner. cause coffe is what a girl expects from you. so you will have to break her pattern. psychological issues

• Go with coffee, I usually meet girls for a drink somewhere for a couple of reasons.

1) You generally don't want a date to drag out for too long (unless you two just REALLY happen to hit it off) so it's quicker to get a couple of drinks than go through a whole meal.

2) It's an unfortunate reality, but depending on where you met this girl, there are girls on dating apps/sites that might just be looking for a free meal and using you. Though, I've never experienced that personally.

• Coffee probably since it's more a laid back and relaxing/causal scene and it's easier to just relax and talk, get to know each other better.

• Coffee

• Coffee

• Depends on the person you are meeting and the circumstances.

• I don't drink coffee, and I don't like coffee breath, nor can I stand the smell of coffee.
    So I would have to say dinner.

• Coffee it's more informal

• make dinner for her at ur place, coffee is a friendzone get together

• A first date at your house? Do women actually do that? That's so risky

• yeah to me that goes from friendzone to fuckzone

• @Ladyslipper if its a girl i already know a bit beforehand i'll do dinner at my place if its some girl i just met i'll usually meet up for a drink at a bar

• Dinner ofc

• dinner cause i usually have to eat something, sipping on coffee for an hour is pretty whack

• Coffee

• Ahh everyone's saying coffee but I don't drink it...

• if its just a quick date , coffee is usually better option

• Coffee. Some people just don't like to eat in front of other people or they just think it's not the best way to start some kind of relationship off. Keep it simple, grab a cup of coffee, which is the international beverage for dates

• Coffee I think, and won't cost much since you'll be paying

• Coffee so you can get to know each other better.