Should I date someone I'm not physically attracted to?

He's a really good guy, one of the nicest guys I have ever met. His personality is perfect with mine, and even though we've known each other for less than a yr, I feel very comfortable and safe with him. He makes me feel respected and loved. But the problem is that I am not physically attracted to him. He's not bad looking and two of my friends actually found him cute. He just isn't my type. We have chilled at his place before and watched Netflix. We would cuddle and just lie down together and talk, but everytime he would try to make a move, I would turn away to naturally avoid it. I just can't bring myself to get physical with him, the thought turns me off. But I do miss him when I am not with him. Do you guys think its right for me to date this guy?

I do like the guy. The thought of being with him makes me happy, and I see myself dating him, personality wise. But I just can't bring myself to kiss him. I feel like i'm in love with personality but not his physical appearance.

1213

Most Helpful Guy

• I am a little worried I might be the guy in this situation (well same scenario but not with you.) And I wouldn't want the girl that I like to date me out of pity or whatever if she didn't like me (not even that I need to have sex with her but I don't know if you understand what I mean it just feels wrong) but like I would stay friends with her if she didn't want to. I can't promise the same for your guy but thats me in a similar situation to him.

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds like you like him in some sort of physical way but he doesn't have your dream body or maybe you don't like anyone that would ever like you.

You're asking this question because you want to like him. Sometimes the right kind of love grows slowly. Maybe a kiss is all you need or maybe he isn't the right guy.

If you turn yourself over to it you may be surprised in how good it feels. You deserve this kind of love but if you can't return it let him go.

What Guys Said 12

• Give him a shot. No guarantees, but there is 1 guarantee... if you were to date a hot guy who didn't have ANY of this guys qualities-it DEFINITELY wouldn't work.

• I would say it is probably not a good idea if just the thought of being physically intimate with him turns you off completely. It will only hurt him and you worse if you go further and then can not go through with intimacy.

• Unless you can become intimate with him, no I don't think you should date him.

• No, you "should" not date anyone you don't feel attracted to.

• you said it yourself, you're not physically attracted to him. but

• settling is bad because when you do you always wonder what if. but other then that he seems your type if the personality matches with yours. personally i find it more difficult to find personality than looks. soooo yes. try it. love is not physical, it helps sexually but.. ehh

• Probably not.

• Ouch. Poor guy. Don't bother. You'll just hurt him more than you already have.

• Yeah. It could turn to love. Worth a shot.

• If you have no chemistry, then you are doing both of you a disservice.

Find someone else.

• whats the point?

• don't date him, you will probably end up hurting him anyway

What Girls Said 11

• No. He may be a wonderful friend but, if you are not really into him romantically, he will end up getting hurt. Soon enough, he will notice that you are distant and it will hurt his self-esteem. Another guy may come into your life and you may see in him all the things you're missing right now and you'll wish you were single. It's just not a good idea to waste his time and yours when you both deserve someone who is truly a match.

• I wouldn't date him. You are always going to want that attraction in a partner and when you find it in someone else you will leave. It will most likely spoil the friendship you have with this guy if you take it that far.

• If your're not attracted to him then don't waste the poor man's time. Let him find someone who really like him.. inside and out. You're wasting his and your time.. move on.

• Are you not physically attracted to him at all?

• Don't date him. If you can't get physical with him - how are you supposed to marry him or have babies with him.

• Go with what your heart wants. If you're questioning yourself maybe you shouldn't do it. You must be attracted to him in some way if you've given it a thought right?

• Nope.

• Do whatever makes out comfortable. It might be best to just stay friends if you feel like you aren't attracted to him

• well, honestly, thats the same with me... i mean like im not physically attracted to my boyfriend but he treats me right so all i would have to say is get over it, be happy if he makes u feel good

• Don't break his heart. Let him find someone that likes him inside and out. Even though personality keeps a relationship, attraction plays a role too.

• in my opinion ask yourself some questions for example
    1. can you see having a future with him or is it so bad that you can't imagine it
    2. how much would you regret it if you broke up with him
    3. if you got married one day could you image starting a family
    i suggest you answer these questions make a pro's and cons list while thinking carefully about any possible future you could or couldn't have and then i believe you question will answer it's self

• are you going to want children is being able to kiss him impotent to you if it is then you should sadly probably let him go