Do you ever get guys coming back and trying again with you at some point who you just dated (not ex's) who called it quits or ghosted on you?

I'm curious if there are guys who will date a girl a few weeks but eventually realize they are not into them anymore but change their mind way later maybe even years and think maybe i should have tried with that girl more, etc? Like I have had an ex boyfriend do that to me. He broke up with me but realized 4 years later to reach out and somewhat try again but i wonder if guys who you just date not necessarily a boyfriend do that? I had 6 dates with a guy who i personally felt things were very strong between us. He was totally chasing after me in the beginning stages and i know this because at first i wasn't even into him and he knew this. Eventually i think he got annoyed with me because i felt like he was not respecting my time since plans were not confirmed in advance, etc and i told him how i felt twice about it since it happened more than once (different situations). He ultimately ghosted me. When I look back he may have been stringing me along before the timing issue occurred not entirely sure. We are friends on Facebook still. I just wonder if he'll ever realize he maybe made a mistake with me? Please don't respond why should I care. I'm just curious if stuff like this happens?

21

What Guys Said 1

• I think you're probably being overly hopeful on this guy's intentions. When guys disappear, it's because they weren't interested. When they come back, it's not because they realized they made a mistake, but rather that the better prospects that they've been pursuing have run dry and thus they start running through the girls in their past looking for opportunities. The fact that he doesn't respect your time is totally consistent with this type of guy because they're always talking to multiple girls at the same time and trying to find the best prospect.

Given what you said, I don't think that this is the type of guy you should have anything to do with because he clearly doesn't view you as a priority and probably sees you as a fourth option at best.

• There is some truth to what you're saying, however there are cases in which some people do actually change their minds about someone. I've rejected people and later regretted it months later.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes. I've rejected guys and regretted it months down the line.

• No guy has ever ghosted on me. I am the one who leaves them.