Will a strong catholic guy be willing to date a non-religious girl?

So this guy and I have been getting to know one another and recently, we have both started flirting with each other. I think we are getting to the point where we could on real dates.
However, I want to know will the religion thing be an issue? He is completely devoted to his but I just never have been into religion.
If it isn't an issue then are any tips or stuff i should about dating a catholic?

35

Most Helpful Guy

• If he is as devote as you says he is, this will pose some real problems for you, maybe not today or tomorrow, but months or a year down the road. He could and may date you, but as his feelings start to deepen for you, there is going to be a need for him to want to share his faith that he finds truly important to him. He may not even push you, but inside he will want you to eventually step up.
    If you really have no interest, it will start to boil down to how he may eventually see you, and that you maybe not someone of any really serious or "long term" future/potential.
    Faith comes ultimately first before a partner for someone devote. If you see a future with him and you are open to his faith then simply start asking questions or maybe attend a service with him. But if this is not something you are interested in, its best to start pulling back. Many many people fail to see this as being a problem at first but it grows into big issues that turn into irreconcilable differences. Good luck.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends if the non religious girl is rude about her being an atheist. Like if she talks about how people who believe in god are dumb than no. But if she's accepting and tolerant, and isn't voicing her opinion in a negative way all the time than I think it's fine.

What Guys Said 4

• As a practicing Roman Catholic, I was in a very serious relationship with a young woman of the Jewish faith. Neither of us had any desire to convert. On Friday nights, we went to Temple together and on Sundays, we went to Mass. Bottom line, we loved and respected each other, as well as each other's religion and religious beliefs.

• I'd say as long as you aren't disrespectful of his faith and he isn't disrespectful of your lack thereof, there shouldn't be a problem. We Catholics are just like regular people, so the faith shouldn't be an issue. If you enjoy catholic jokes, test the waters with one. I find them funny in small batches, but sometimes it becomes a roast session and is just annoying. Others are just tired of hearing them.

• love knows no religions or anything. so stop worrying

• Nope.

What Girls Said 2

• It depends on his specific views of the situation.

• Cut your losses