How did you meet your boyfriend/girlfriend?

i don't know what's wrong with me but i never really got a boyfriend because i find someone attractive and we dated. Somehow all my relationships kind of developed from friendships and still today i feel a bit uncomfortable if someone i hardly know asks me for a date how does that usually work for you?

134

Most Helpful Guy

• There's nothing wrong with you. That used to be quite normal. People stayed put and married people they had grown up with. But I met my wife on match. com, because I was older and didn't have a large circle of friends. I did a lot of online dating, meeting relative strangers until I met her. It never bothered me. Every woman I met was nice, but with most there was only one date.

Most Helpful Girl

• Online!

I had a friend in college who played computer games with a few guys he met online (through WoW and L2). They had met up once I think for a LAN. One day my friend somehow convinced me to try League of Legends and I actually really enjoyed it. Started learning how to play and was invited to play with his friends online.

There was one guy I instantly thought was hilarious, but he had a girlfriend so I didn't really speak to him that much. We just played together. About a year or so went by, I ended up trying out new games with them and got to know them all a bit better. Him and his girlfriend ended up breaking up.

About 6 months after that the group was kind of falling apart a little bit. Everyone was busy with university and getting jobs, there was only a couple of us who still spoke everyday. But me and him were always "night owls" and would end up staying up later than everyone else. This is when we started getting really close, sharing music at first and talking about memories whilst we played games. We would often find ourselves saying "ok time for bed" at about 3am, then next minute it would 7am and we would still be laughing and talking. I started to like him and had a feeling he felt the same way. We just clicked so well and I had never had so much fun with someone.

Another 2 years went by and we finally both confessed we had fallen for each other and had feelings for the last 2 years. I don't know why we didn't say earlier on, I guess we both just felt like it was a one way thing and didn't want to risk ruining a great friendship. We met up in person for the first time and instantly connected. It wasn't awkward or weird, it was practically perfect and just felt "right". He asked me out pretty much straight afterwards and likes to tell everyone it was the longest courting of his life.

What Guys Said 3

• at the grocery store, we were next to each other picking out fruit and i picked up a moldy piece of fruit and she noticed it. she gasped and slapped it out of my hand and we both laughed, i was hooked ever since

• I met him on a chat side.

• Actually met her at an online dating site.. married 15 years.

What Girls Said 12

• I met my boyfriend outside McDonald's on a night out lol. I used to feel uncomfortable about random people asking me out too, but there was a lot of chemistry between myself and my boyfriend when we first met and that's why I agreed to date him.

• For the first time at the school dance when I was dating his friend. Later we met again because he said behind me in senior year with math and we became friends with some other people from that math class. We started dating when we just hung out together more and I asked him if he wanted to date. Not an overly romantic story.

• I met him where we used to work

• On here and he's planning to come visit as soon as he can.

• at school

• we met on here lol

• I met my boyfriend on tinder. Both had just gotten out of shitty relationships and bonded over the fact that our exes are crap. :) we have been together for around 10 months.

• After a soccer game me and a bunch of my teammates went out for pizza.. when I got there... there was one seat left... next to him. We started chatting... when it was time for me to leave we walked out together and he asked me for my # and if he could call me sometime... so I gave it to him. On my way home my phone rang and it was a # I didn't know so I let it go to VM... it was him asking me out that weekend... we've been together since :)

• I met my boyfriend on here 💙

• At work.

• Tinder. Ours is Tinder love story starting as "fuckbuddy"

• It's the same why like you, but I only had been in 1 relationship because I genuinely loved the person. He was my friend for two years until October last year. We dated for a week then we had to break up. Till this day I still find myself nervous around him ever since we broke up.