Would you date a girl that had a one night stand in her life?

Im single and had a one night stand, I wasn't planning for it, it just happened with this guy that I felt really attracted to him sexually, But deep inside I was hoping that is gonna be something between us.
But it turns that he just wanted to have fun.

Would you date a girl who did such a thing? And take her seriously for a long term relationship? Or should I just keep it to myself and tell no one about it?

Most Helpful Guy

• The majority of my relationships started from one night stands haha. It's no issue at all, but at the same time there's no reason to go around telling people about it either.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't date a man who had a one night stand.

What Guys Said 16

• It's not ideal, but if she wants to have sex with me on the first date too then I could be ok with it.

Like you said, you weren't planning on it but you did it because "you really felt sexually attracted to him". Well great, I want you to feel the same way towards me. So if you were so attracted to that other guy that you couldn't wait to sleep with him and then with me you can easily wait over a month before you want to sleep with me then I feel like you don't have the same level of sexual desire towards me as you did towards him and that is a dealbreaker.

• But I will obviously do the same mistake.
      Cause I don't think that a guy will take me seriously if I have sex with him on the first date, so I'd rather take it slowly next time even that I desire him a lot.

• Yes, I know!! That's my point to, you wouldn't lose interest in a girl if she had sex with you from the first date, cause you're cool with it, but there may be another kind of guys that will simply lose interest cause he thinks that she's so easy even that he knew that she felt really attracted to him.
      And i bet that most of them have the same concept!!
      So better not to take the risk again in order to not get hurt again.

• Not necessarily, but I agree making them wait is probably in your best interest if you want to avoid being hurt. However, what is in the girls best interest isn't necessarily going to be in my best interest.

• what's the guarantee that you won't have random sex when you have feel sexual attraction for another guy?

• Well, I wasn't feeling well for one week after it! I cried and felt bad that I did such a thing.
      So I don't want to experience something similar to that, I guess that will be the guarantee that I'm not willing to hurt myself again.

• Is a shame that you can not avoid it. Is not like just because you are with someone you will stop finding other people attractive and is dumb to get mad because your partner find someone else attractive.

• I am ultimately talking about having sex with someone if you are committed to a guy. if you are not cheating then everything is okay.

• One night stands happen.
    If someone has a problem with that, you are better off without that person in your life.

• I have before. I care about how she treats me, not what she did in 1996.

• No gross. You're contaminated now. Used goods.

https://replygif.net/i/1043.gif

• There no reason to tell unless asked, in which case you should be truthful.

I in no way see this as a deal breaker and I strongly doubt most guys do either.

Yes, I would take a girl who did such a thing seriously.

• why would it matter, as long as your dating and not going off with the other guys sure just don't cheat

• Doesn't sound so bad, though maybe you are naive if you got taken in by that guy.

It's not like you were banging a different random guy every week (which would be your choice and I wouldn't see you as a bad person for it, but I'd probably be hesitant to have a relationship).

• Yes.

• I wouldn't, but if she never tells me I could date her long term (still looking for a virgin for marriage). The thing is with people coming out with stuff like that is it's selfish. You think it is being good to them by being honest, but that information could only hurt them. It's really about clearing your own conscience and making you feel better. Don't tell him.

• That is up to you, if you feel that you want him to know and you made a promise with him that there would be no secrets between both of you then just let him know about it so that he isn't guessing why you are acting strangely when you are talking to each other

• Of course.

• I don't know

• absolutely not tbh.

• shit happens. we are all humans, and only uninteresting people don't make mistakes.

• Ya my wife had lots of them

What Girls Said 7

• If a guy doesn't want to date you because of something like that, he's not even worth your time.

• Any guy that would have an issue with that is too immature and insecure for you to waste your time on.

• You make it sound like you had dinner with the devil. I don't think that a one-off ONS will scupper your chances with a decent guy.

• Why are do many people on here complaining about sexual encounters?

One night stands are ok to have. Not having one night stands is ok.

Having feelings is ok. Not having feelings is ok.

Really, if someone doesn't want to be with you anymore because you've had a one night stand, why does that person deserve you? They're weighing sexual encounters over everything else. Over looks, personality and everything we search for in partners. Would you really want to be with a person like THAT?

• Girl is nothing bad but if i was you I will keep it for myself, guys are the biggest hypocrites.

• There'S no reason to be ashamed about having a one night stand. Especially if you barely ever do.

• Why would your S/O care about a one night stand? Was it your one and only "relationship" if anything, you should be more worried about whether or not that one night stand gave you some kind of STD